Work at Hart.
Hart Enterprises, Inc. is the leading OEM supplier of special application needles and custom medical devices for the health care industry.
We are a Michigan based company located in Sparta with a 45-year history.
The success of Hart Enterprises, Inc. is a direct result of our employees. We have over 25 employees who have been with the company at least 10 years and 10 of those employees have been with us for over 20 years.
A toolmaker is responsible for making precision tools, special guides and holding devices, which are used in the manufacturing process. In this role, you will be required to interpret design schematics, written and/or oral descriptions, and operate standard manually controlled tool room equipment (lathes, grinders, mills), to craft and assemble completed parts. You may also need to test the performance of the completed product.
- Reading and interpreting blueprints, design schematics, and CAD drawings.
- Visualizing and computing metal shapes and tolerances.
- Measuring and marking metal stock for machining.
- Setting up machine tools such as drills, lathes, grinders, and milling machines.
- Cutting and shaping blocks to specified dimensions.
- Fitting and assembling tools and die parts.
- Inspecting finished dies and tools for defects, smoothness, and contour deformities.
- Conducting test runs with completed tools and dies.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working as a tool and die maker.
- In-depth knowledge of machine tools and their uses.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and design schematics.
- Experience with metalworking tools including drills, milling machines, grinders, and lathes.
- Attention to detail.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Ability to read, write, and understand simple instructions.
- Fluent in English with the ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Willingness to work first-shift.
Other jobs at Hart Enterprises
Assembly & Inspection
Perks of the Job
Wages start at $15/hour, based on your experience. These positions are permanent, full time, with optional overtime. You’ll receive 5 reviews within your first 2 years, and annually after that, each with the potential for pay increases.
Health, Dental, & Vision
Your health is important. Hart Enterprises offers health insurance at no-cost to the employee with optional dental and vision insurance. Already have insurance? We’ll reimburse you!
401k + Matching
Achieving your retirement dreams won’t happen by accident, and we want to help. Hart offers a match on your contributions!
“All work and no play” isn’t good for anybody. Hart Enterprises offers paid vacation time, and paid sick leave.
We offer on-the-job training, but you may wish to further your career, and we’re here to help.
Let’s setup an interview!
400 Apple Jack CT
Sparta, MI 49345
- Send your resumé to
- (616) 887 – 0400